Costa Rica offers some of the best Sport fishing in the world, Wahoo, Mahi Mahi, Rooster Fish, Marlin, Dorado, Yellow Fin and Snapper are common species in these waters.
The most experienced crews are manned by professional Captains and bilingual mates who live near and know the area like nobody else and who will work hard to find the fish while keeping you safe and comfortable, giving you the most amazing fishing experience ever.
Although we offer both on-shore and off-shore sports fishing expeditions, for the big game it is necessary to go off shore so we require a minimum of six hours (three quarter day) but a full day of eight hours is highly recommended for a more successful outing.
However on shore fishing or what many call coastal fishing does not require as much traveling time so you can reserve a half day trip of 4 hours. This is a good one for families that want to combine fishing with sightseeing of the beautiful coastline and beaches.
- Full Day Tour: Consists in 8 hours of fishing at about 35 nautical miles out to sea.
- Three Quarter of a Day Tour: Consists in 6 hours of fishing at about 25 nautical miles out to sea.
- Half Day Tour: Consists in 4 hours of fishing at about 10 nautical miles out to sea.
We have a modern fleet of boats that we maintain through strict programs of upkeep and preventative maintenance.
- 32 foot Sport Fishing Boats: Fishing boats with a Palm Beach design and 315 HP (horse power) Cummins engine. The boats have a comfortable cabin with sleeping bunks and a head (bathroom). The boats are fully equipped with Penn International fishing equipment, navigation system, short wave radio and GPS.
- 44 foot Sport Fishing Boat: A 44 foot yacht is the pride and joy our fleet with twin engine 450 HP Cummins motors. Before becoming outfitted as a Sports fishing yacht she was used by the US Coast Guard to chase down and capture smugglers. Today she is still doing the same only her new prey is big game sports fish like Marlin, Sailfish, Tuna, Mahi Mahi, Wahoo, Roosterfish and many other species.
- Remarks: During off shore fishing trips we are usually catching big game like Swordfish, Marlin, Dorado (Mahi Mahi) and Blue Fin Tuna.
- Includes: Water, soft drink, beer, snacks, cookies and sandwiches. (Sandwiches are not included on half day trip). Lunch is included in the Full Day Tour.
- What to bring: Sun block, towel, water shoes or sandals, patience and passport.
- Special Conditions: This tour will be operated when the weather conditions allow it.
- Tours leave from and arrive to: Main hotels in Tamarindo, Flamingo, Conchal & Papagayo in Guanacaste.
- Pick up time: It depends on the people doing the tour. The advised pick up time would be from 6:30 a.m. to 7:00 a.m.
- Note: The destination of this tour is within the Guanacaste Area.